17 March 2020
As the fight against the Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic continues, we stand united with fellow Kenyans and remain committed to play our part in minimizing the risk of infection.
During this period, nothing is more important than our collective ability to protect ourselves and our loved ones from the virus. We have therefore taken a number of measures to enhance the health and safety of our colleagues and customers, including providing alcohol-based hand sanitizers across our branches. We have also enhance our cleaning and sanitation procedures to allow for regular and thorough cleaning of shared spaces, and are making handwashing facilities available in our banking halls.
At the same time, we strongly encourage our customers to use cashless transactions to further reduce the risk of infection. In order to make it easier for our customers to transact, we have made the following changes on our propositions:
- Paying with your Absa debit card: receive a guaranteed cashback of 0.3% every time you pay with your Absa debit card. This offer starts on 25 March 2020 and will continue for 12 months. Cashback will be paid to customers’ current accounts monthly.
- We have waived fees on the following services:
1. Account to Mpesa/Airtel Money: we have waived all transaction fees on money transfer between mobile wallets and bank account until 30 June 2020. Additionally, you can now deposit up to Kes150, 000 per day through our pay bill number 303030 at no cost.
2. Timiza: we have waived all transaction fees on money transfer between Mpesa and Timiza until 30 June 2020. Additionally, you can now deposit up to Kes150, 000 per day through the Timiza pay bill number 300067 at no cost.
3. PesaLink: in order to support the transfer of large amounts of money below Kes1 million, we have waived all the fees charged on PesaLink transactions until 30 April 2020
- ATM cash deposits: look out for our cash-accepting ATMs across the country and deposit up to KES100 000 per day for free.
We are closely monitoring the situation and will continue collaborating with the government and other partners in order to contain the pandemic and minimize economic impact. // ENDS.
For more information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 4254192